Simcoe County Home Builders’ Association Annual General Meeting
June 22, 2016
Sheba Shrine, Barrie On.
Chairman: Bruce Bolduc
1. CALL TO ORDER: President Shawn Still called the meeting to order at 7:00pm
2. APPOINTMENT OF PARLIAMENTARIAN: Past President Bruce Bolduc appointed Melissa Almonte of Gregor Homes to be parliamentarian.
3. REPORT OF CREDENTIALS: Jennifer Lynch, Executive Officer reported that 33 members were present which constituted a quorum as required by the By-Laws.
4. WELCOME: President Shawn Still welcomed members and guests to the 2015-2016 Annual General Meeting held at The Sheba Shrine, Barrie, On.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 24, 2015 Motion to be made via email to the Memberships at a later date.
6. PRESENTATION OF ANNUAL REPORTS: President Shawn Still directed the attention of those present to the reports from the various committees and asked that the reports be accepted. Moved by Matt Pryce, seconded by Mark Mulder“That all reports excluding the Treasurers Report be accepted as presented.” Motion carried
7. TREASURER’S REPORT: SUE CERILLI Secretary/Treasurer Sue Cerilli presented the Financials as per the 2015-2016 Review Engagement prepared by Rychard Lardner, Chartered Accountant (Lardner & Company). She presented specifics of the financial statements and opened the floor for questions. Moved by Josh Waters, seconded by Peter Brewda “The Review Engagement of the Simcoe County Home Builders’ Association Financial Position for 2015-2016 be accepted as presented in the Simcoe County Home Builders’ Association Annual Report” Motion carried
8. APPROVAL OF BUDGET FOR 2016-2017: Moved by James Bazely, seconded by Alan Priest “That the 2016-2017 Budget as presented in the Simcoe County Home Builders’ Association Annual Report be approved as presented.” Motion carried.
9. APPOINTMENT OF ACCOUNTING FIRM FOR 2016-2017: President Shawn Still announced that he would accept a motion empowering the Board of Directors to select an Accounting firm to perform 2016-2017 Review Engagement. Moved by Matt Pryce, seconded by Bob Schickedanz: “The Board of Directors be empowered to select an Accounting Firm to perform 2016-2017 Review Engagement.” Motion carried
10. 2016-2017 – Simcoe County BOARD OF DIRECTORS: As a result of this evening’s elections – the 2016-2017 Simcoe County Home Builders Association –is as follows:
2016-2017 SIMCOE COUNTY HOME BUILDERS’ ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PAST PRESIDENT Shawn Still, Hedbern Homes
PRESIDENT Bob Schickedanz, FarSight Homes
1ST VICE PRESIDENT Peter Brewda, Moen Inc.
2nd VICE PRESIDENT Mark Mulder, Northern Plumbing Systems Inc.
SECRETARY/TREASURER Wayne Hissa, Prime Time Financial
BUILDER/DEVELOPER/RENOVATOR DIRECTORS Matt Paul, Frontline Design Build; Paul Meredith, Parkbridge Lifestyles Community; Matt Pryce, Prycon Custom Building & Renovations
TRADE CONTRACTOR DIRECTORS Bill Robinson, Robinson Enterprises; Chase Clarke, the Sarjeant Company Ltd.
SUPPLIER DIRECTORS Josh Waters, CRS; Sue Cerilli, Eddy Smart Home Solutions
SERVICE/PROFESSIONAL DIRECTORS Sandy Davies, The Barrie Examiner; Grace Doiron, RBC Royal Bank
PRESIDENTIAL APPOINTEES (Appointed following the meeting):
11. ADJOURNMENT: Moved by Bruce Bolduc, seconded by Grace Doiron “That the Simcoe County Home Builders’ Association 2015-2016 Annual General Meeting be adjourned.” Motion carried
The meeting adjourned at 7:35 pm