Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
CMHC’s Website contains an abundance of Information for people who are in the process of purchasing a new home and/or who are renovating their home.
Works to enhance Canada’s housing & finance options, assist Canadians who cannot afford housing in the private market, improve building standards and housing construction, and provide policy makers with the information and analysis they need to sustain a vibrant housing market in Canada.
Established 1946 as Government owned corporation to address Canada’s post war housing shortage.
Is Canada’s premier provider of mortgage loan insurance, mortgage-backed securities, housing policy and programs, and housing research.
- Buying a Home – http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/buho/index.cfm
- Homebuying Step by Step – http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/buho/hostst…
- Maintaining a Home – http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/maho/index.cfm
- Renovating a Home – http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/renoho/index.cfm
- Programs and Financial Assistance – http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/prfin…