Building trust since 1953.
For 70 years the Simcoe County Home Builders’ Association has been the voice of the Residential Home Building Industry in the Simcoe County Area.
What We Do
With 70 years of experience in the building business, the SCHBA is here to assist you to: build a new house, renovate an existing home, or, become a better Builder, Renovator, Trade Contractor, or Supplier to the residential construction industry. The Simcoe County Home Builders’ Association is committed to residential construction excellence, providing affordable, quality housing in the Simcoe County area.
Since 1953 The Barrie Builders Association (renamed The Greater Barrie Home Builders Association in 1995, The Canadian Home Builders’ Association Simcoe County in 2009, The Simcoe County Home Builders’ Association in 2013) has been the voice of the Residential Home Building Industry in Simcoe County. The inaugural meeting was held on March 16, 1953 at the Community House which was located at the corner of Dunlop St. West and Toronto St. Barrie.
When I talk to people about joining SCHBA, I always tell them that it is incredibly important to take ownership. As a single company or person, it is very difficult to get noticed or be heard. As part of a strong association, your voice is heard – and actually listened to. SCHBA works hard for it’s members, and I’ve seen first-hand the positive impact it has on your business.
– Heljar Hansen, Pratt Homes
Who We Are
- Exists to preserve and enhance affordable, quality housing through professionalism, education, research and development, proactive legislative involvement and consumer advocacy
- Have information to assist consumers in choosing a professional in the residential building or renovation industry
- Have a list of members of the Association available to the public
- Members must adhere to a strict code of ethics
- Have an Ethics Board to deal with problems concerning their members, should any arise
- Renomark program – renovators who qualify to join the program must meet certain criteria, be a member of the Simcoe County Home Builders’ Association, and abide by the Association’s code of ethics
Board of Directors 2023/2024
Melissa Almonte (Bazely)
Memorialized Board Member
What being a member means
By participating in dinner meetings. seminars, ACE Awards. Builder Council. committees and other activities at all levels of the Association. you will have many opportunities to get the information you need to manage your business and make valuable contacts with others in the Simcoe County Residential Construction Industry.